How to Make Paper Straw Snowflake Ornaments

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy first of December! I’m so excited to share these super cute ornaments I made out of my left over paper straws I had in my crafty closet. I’ve always wanted to try makin’ something out of these straws because they come in such a wide variety of colors and because they look retro. You’ll love making these—I know I did.
 You'll need 16  straws to create the large star. 
Simply fold all 16 straws into an L shape--as shown above and glue two pieces together as shown in the image below. 
 Next you can glue each piece together to get this beautiful retro looking star! 
 Below are the sizes I used to create this medium size snowflake and medium size star. 
 For the cute snowflake you'll need: 1 regular size straw, 6 straws cut into 4 inch pieces  and 16 straws cut into 1 inch pieces. Don't forget to cut one end of the 1 inch straw at an angle--so that it will lay nicely when your ready to adhere it. 
Lastly, for the medium size star you'll need: 1 regular size straw, and 5 straws cut into 4 inch pieces. Take the regular 8 inch size straw and fold it into a pentagon. Next take the 5, 4 inch straws and fold them in half. 
I hope you love this cute and simple retro holiday DIY tutorial. Everyone in my house fell in love with them as soon as they saw me hanging them around the house, and now I'm thinking about trying to create more shapes. Give this a try for Christmas and if you make some send some pictures of them my way! I'd love to see what you create! If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment!

19 comments:

  1. These are so great!! I especially love the pink one! Great idea!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won-der-ful!!
    They don´t sell such stylin straws here but I´ll maybe give it a try ;D

    x-x Barbora♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably find some online :-D I bought these on Etsy!

      Delete
  3. Wow, who knew??? A new follower from the Meet and Greet blog hop. My site ishttp://moanasuniquedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from the blog hop. I love those snowflakes! Looking forward to more posts! Come by and meet us: www.sugaraunts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great blog!! I found you through the meet and greet blog hop. Looking forward to reading more from you!
    -Kelly (your newest follower)
    http://www.blartblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the kind words! & thanks for following and leaving a comment. I'll be sure to stop by your blog and do the same :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. these turned out super cute- i love that they're striped. it really does give a fun retro feel. my favorite one is the triangley one

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG my kids would have so much fun doing this! I'm on my way to go get some paper straws from Etsy right NOW! Thanks for this awesome DIY!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - Thanks for joining the Meet & Greet hop. Great to have you! =0)

      Delete
  9. What a great idea!! I'll definitely have to keep these in mind next year when my son is a little older.. it'll be a great project for us to do together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so happy to share these super cute knick-knacks I made out of my left over paper straw supplier in china. I had in my crafty secret. I’ve continuously wanted to try makin’ somewhat out of these grasses since they come in such a wide diversity of insignia and since they look period.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ecolo (エコロー) is an e-commerce website that provides sugarcane straw all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God is Good! I promised God that I would share my testimony on this website. I had all the signs of STD Virus but I was not too sure as to which one. I did a lot of online research and scared myself straight for a whole week before going to see the nurse. She took one look at my genital part and first said that it could just be the anatomy of my body, then she said it looked like genital warts and that I MAY have herpes. I was devastated. She gave me some medicine for the herpes and some cream for the warts. I was also tested for every single STD including herpes. I went home and cried searching the web for all sorts of cures for herpes and awaiting my results. I saw a post whereby Dr. Kham cured Herpes and other diseases, I copied his contacts out and added him on WhatsApp via +2348159922297. The next day my test result was ready and I confirmed Herpes positive. I told Dr. Kham about my health problems and he assured me of a cure. He prepared his herbal medicine and sent it to me. I took it for 14 days (2 weeks). Before the completion of the 14 days in which I completed the dose, the Blisters and Warts that were on my body were cleared. I went back for a check-up and I was told I'm free from the virus. Dr. Kham cures all types of diseases and viruses with the help of his herbal medicine. You can reach Dr. Kham via his email address on (dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com) or call him on +2348159922297 and WhatsApp him on the same number, but You can Also Visit his website to know more about him at https://herbal-dr-kham.jimdosite.com/ or visit his Blog at https://drkhamcaregiver.blogspot.com/ for more info.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |